The Diagnostic & Biomedical Microscopy – Focused Interest Group (DBM-FIG) consists of MSA members who share common interests in the application and advancement of biological electron microscopy (Bio EM) techniques and instrumentation for diagnostic and biomedical research on diseases. DBM-FIG meets annually during the Microscopy & Microanalysis conferences and organizes biological EM symposiums and pre-meeting congress to discuss diversified subjects on Bio EM research in the context of diseases in human, animals and plants.
- “Challenges and Advances in Electron Microscopy Research and Diagnosis of Diseases in Humans, Plants and Animals” at M&M 2022 in Portland, OR. (July 31 – August 4, 2022)
- DBM Social – M&M 2022 in Portland, OR. (Wednesday, August 3rd, 2022). Location : TBD
- Claudia López, Oregon Health and Science University – Leader 2021-2022
- Marcela Redigolo, West Virginia University – Leader Elect 2021-2022
- Thomas Strader – University of Wisconsin-Madison - Treasurer 2021-2024
Past Events & Symposiums:
- “Immuno-electron microscopy and correlative LM-EM, 3D EM workflow, advances and challenges” – BioEM Talks Virtual Session 1 – July 30th, 2021
- “Challenges and best practices in the preparation of plant, insect, aquatic/marine, and pharmaceutical specimens for EM” – BioEM Talks Virtual Session 2 – August 6th, 2021
- “Automation and streamlining of workflow for diverse EM specimens” – BioEM Talks Virtual Session 3 – August 13th, 2021
- “Innovation talks and roundtable discussion: instrument-assisted and automated Bio EM sample processing, challenges and applications”. BioEM Talks Virtual Session 4 – Aug 20th 2021
Get Involved. Become a DBM-FIG Member:
- All MSA members are eligible and encouraged to participate in the Diagnostic & Biomedical Microscope – Focused Interest Group.
- Annual dues are $15 and can be paid by selecting “FIG: Diagnostic & Biomedical Microscopy (DBM)” when renewing your MSA membership or when joining the society. You can also join anytime throughout the year by selecting “FIG: Diagnostic & Biomedical Microscopy (DBM)” at the MSA FIG Store.
- Student members of MSA are eligible to join one focused interest group for FREE.
If you would like to be involved with a symposium or event organization, please contact the FIG officers listed above or email the DMB-Fig Leader, Claudia López, at firstname.lastname@example.org.