Sustaining membership in the Microscopy Society of America (MSA) is the way in which members of the microscopy community, especially those with commercial concerns interested in its promotion and growth, provide special support. In addition to the broad benefit of promoting the professional organization in the microscopic imaging and analytical sciences, Sustaining Members are recognized prominently in all MSA publications including the Journal of Microscopy and Microanalysis, the M&M Annual Meeting Proceedings, the MSA Sustaining Member Directory, the annual M&M Meeting Program, and the Microscopy & Microanalysis Exhibit Supplement. Sustaining Members are also consulted regularly for advice on relevant aspects of the Society's operations.
Companies may also join as a Joint MSA/MAS Sustaining Member and enjoy benefits of membership in both Societies at reduced rates.
Sustaining Member Benefits
- Recognition in all MSA Publications and visibility at the Annual Meetings
- A listing in MSA's Sustaining Member Directory, with e-mail and a link to your site
- A customized MSA Sustaining Membership Plaque
- A complimentary subscription to Microscopy and Microanalysis (bi-monthly)
- A complimentary subscription to MSA's magazine, Microscopy Today
- Publication of company name, address, and website link in Microscopy Today Buyer's Guide
- First right of refusal for posting the latest developments from your company in Microscopy Today Product News
- 15% discount on Microscopy Today webinars
- Discounted rates of up to 50% for Job Placement service postings
- Quarterly postings of Sustaining Member News
- For the M&M Annual Meeting:
- 1 priority point for the M&M Exhibit Hall; 2 points for Joint MSA/MAS members
- Sustaining Member designation floor sticker in the M&M Exhibit Hall
- One complimentary ticket to the M&M Annual Meeting Sunday Night Social and the opportunity to purchase Sunday Night Social Tickets at a 50% discount
- An invitation to the Sustaining Members Breakfast at the M&M Annual Meeting
- Representation on MSA Council via the Sustaining Members Committee Chair
- Voting privileges at the MSA Members Meeting during the M&M Annual Meeting
- Up to three (3) designated company representatives to enjoy all the benefits of individual MSA membership
Sustaining Membership Dues
MSA Sustaining Memberships Dues are paid annually for the calendar year. Dues are not pro-rated.
Sustaining Membership dues provide support for MSA Education & Scholarship programs and Local Affiliate Societies events.
Annual Dues Chart
|MSA Sustaining Membership||$800.00 USD|
|Joint MSA/MAS Sustaining Membership||$1,500.00 USD|
What is Joint MSA/MAS Membership?
The Microscopy Society of America (MSA) and the Microanalysis Society (MAS) are supporting joint application / renewal of Sustaining Member dues. Sustaining Members may elect to support both societies via the joint MSA/MAS membership portal.
Additional benefits of becoming a joint MSA/MAS member include:
- A $100 savings: a $50 discount off the Sustaining Member dues for each Society relative to paying each separately. Separate memberships in MSA and MAS would normally cost $1,600.00.
- No duplication of effort in filling out forms, invoicing, etc.
- Sustaining Members may designate up to three (3) company representatives as individual members of each society, with full member privileges in that society. This totals up to six (6) complimentary individual memberships!
For questions or help with joining and/or renewing your MSA Sustaining Membership or your Joint MSA/MAS Sustaining Membership, please contact email@example.com.