X60 — Annual Pre-Meeting Congress for Students, Post-Docs, and Early-Career Professionals in Microscopy and Microanalysis
**Organized by the Microscopy Society of America Student Council (StC).**
Saturday, July 30, 2022 • 8:15 AM - 5:30 PM
Separate registration required — Don’t forget to check the box while registering for M&M 2022
This pre-meeting congress is organized by and for students, postdocs, and early-career professionals, and provides:
- Research presentations from faculty in both biological and physical sciences
- A forum for students, postdocs and early-career professionals to deliver presentations to peers ahead of the meeting
- Opportunities to share your research in an engaging, non-intimidating, and interactive setting to practice ahead of the main meeting and win awards
- Expanded professional networking and career development mentoring
The Pre-meeting Congress X60 (PMCx60) is an annual meeting organized by the MSA Student Council (StC) for students, postdocs, and early-career professionals in the fields of microscopy and microanalysis. The PMCx60 is held in conjunction with the annual Microscopy and Microanalysis (M&M) Meeting.
The PMCx60 is organized by, and tailored to, students, post-docs and early-career professionals, however all are welcome to attend. The PMCx60 offers a highly interactive forum for participants to discuss their cutting-edge research, and to network and engage with peers ahead of the main meeting. This year’s symposium will feature plenary talks from faculty in both biological and physical sciences. Invited speakers are selected from the awardees to be honored at M&M, giving attendees a unique opportunity to learn about the best research from their peers in biological sciences, physical sciences, analytical sciences, and instrumentation. Contributed posters also give attendees an opportunity to share their work with peers in an intimate and casual setting.
Additional professional development activities include a career panel, poster sessions, and a Saturday night banquet where our sponsors will be present. The PMCx60 and M&M are wonderful opportunities for students (undergraduate and graduate), postdocs, and early-career professionals to network with peers, members of academia and industry, as well as vendors from a variety of top companies who are invited to exhibit their latest developments during the PMCx60 poster and networking sessions.
PMCx60 2022, back together again!
We are working hard at organizing the first in-person PMCx60 since 2019! See you there! Thank you to our sponsors and supporters!
PMCx60 Meeting Highlights
Thank you to our sponsors and supporters from 2021!
PMCx60 symposia 2022
Theme: From metals to mice: building collaborations and sharing best practices in microscopy and microanalysis
- Sample prep and techniques
- Microscopy and microanalysis hardware and software advancements
- Data analysis: application to biological and physical systems
- Career Panel: navigating next steps
During PMCx60, MSA StC will be showcasing papers published by attendees in the past two years. Looking for opportunities to share your work? Fill out this form to share your information regarding the papers and work from your group, the publications will be recognized during our Saturday night banquet: https://forms.gle/iUfbznPaCRiKSVi86
Present a poster
Presenting a poster is a great way to talk about your research! Why not present to your fellow graduate students, post-docs, and early career professionals? Applying is easy - simply fill out this form to let us know that you want to share your poster at PMCx60!
Apply for Financial Aid
We are providing up to $600 in financial aid to help offset the cost of attending the PMCx60. The deadline to apply is June 17th! Priority is given to those presenting a poster and attending the full M&M meeting. More details can be found at the link below:
Support the PMCx60
Become a PMCx60 sponsor
To become a Sponsor, email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of sponsorship include
- Supporting the development of a thriving community of students and early career professionals in microscopy and microanalysis.
- Increased brand exposure to, and recognition amongst, the future leaders of the microscopy and microanalysis community.
- Recognition of support for students and early career professionals via online/printed PMCx60 promotional material and social networking initiatives.
- First access to network with the preeminent and award-winning young talent attending M&M 2022.
- MSA Donation Submission Form
Meet the 2021-2022 PMCx60 Committee
University of Utah
Biological Sciences Co-chair
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Physical Sciences Co-chair
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
Learn more about PMCx60
Previous PMCx60 meetings
2020 - Virtual
2019 – Portland, OR
2018 - Baltimore, MD
2017 - St. Louis, MO
To get involved, send us an email at email@example.com. Thanks again to our sponsors and supporters!