The M&M meeting's co-sponsoring societies confer competitively judged awards at the meeting.
MSA Student Poster Awards
We believe poster presentations are an excellent format for all participants to engage in intensive discussion with other researchers in the field. To especially encourage students to take advantage of this opportunity and submit papers for poster presentation, MSA provides cash awards* to the most outstanding student posters (first author) each day (up to one in each of three categories). *Cash awards are presented as AMEX/Visa/MasterCard gift cards.
M&M 2021 Student Poster Awards
Due to the ongoing effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, cash awards for M&M 2021 will not be awarded.
- Sang Hyun Bae – University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Curvature-dependent Organic Ligand Binding on Gold Nanostars Revealed by Quantitative EELS Spectral Imaging
- Lopa Bhatt – University of Illinois, Chicago
Plasmon electron energy-loss spectroscopy and in-situ cooling experiments of graphene liquid cells
- Joshua Dickerson – MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology
How much can inelastically scattered electrons contribute to electron cryotomography of biological specimens?
- Yu-Lin Hsu – University of Utah
Simulated Energy Distribution of an Electron-Beam Irradiated on Metal-Halide Perovskite Photovoltaic Devices
- Huaixun Huyan – University of California, Irvine
Direct Observation of Polarization-induced Two-dimensional Electron/Hole Gases at Ferroelectric-insulator Interface
- Francisco Lagunas – University of Illinois, Chicago
Atomic-resolution in-situ Cooling Study of Functionally Terminated 2D Transition Metal Carbides
- Matthew Helmi Leth Larsen – Technical University of Denmark
A Superior Neural Network for Distinguishing Between Atomic Species
- Hsuan-Fu Liu – Duke University
Structure determination of low-molecular weight targets at near-atomic resolution using single-particle cryo-electron tomography
- Cuauhtémoc Núñez Valencia – Technical University of Denmark
Interaction of electron beam and gold nanoparticles
- Jacob Pietryga – University of Michigan
Rapid Holographic Display of 3D Nanomaterials
- Mirra Rasmussen – Case Western Reserve University
Surface Energy and Microstructure: The effect of the underlying substrate on perovskite film formation for solar cell absorbers
- Tzu-Hsien Shen – Institute of Materials, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
Electron probing of the oxygen evolving Ba0.5Sr0.5Co0.8Fe0.2O3-δ
- Sai Nikhil Subraveti – University of Maryland
Capsules with Concentric Biopolymer-Nylon Shells Imaged by Cryo-FIB/SEM
- Mai Tan – Arizona State University
In-situ TEM Study of Oxygen Surface Exchange on Ceria, Gd-doped Ceria and Pr-doped Ceria
- Gabriela Tarango-Rivero – Centro de Investigación en Materiales Avanzados (CIMAV)
Methylene Blue removal using a leached graphite prepared by a green mechanochemical process.
- Luisa Watkins – Boston University
Prevention Beats Removal: Avoiding Stripe Artifacts from Current Variation in Particle Beam Microscopy Through Time-Resolved Sensing
- Alyssa Williams – McMaster University
Correlative Light and Electron Microscopy for the Study of the Structural Arrangement of Bacterial Microcrystalline Cellulose Microfibrils
Diatome Poster AwardsAll posters illustrating the use of diamond-knife ultramicrotomy are eligible. Prizes include cash and Swiss watches.
MAS Best Paper Awards
MAS annually confers awards for papers presented at the M&M meeting deemed to be best in four categories. Each comes with a cash award generously provided by MAS Sustaining Members.