The Kenneth H. Downing Memorial Postdoctoral Scholarship Award
About the Scholarship
The Kenneth H. Downing Post-Doctoral Scholarship Award was created in honor of Professor Ken Downing, an MSA Past-President, MSA Fellow, and MSA Distinguished Scientist. The scholarship will support postdoctoral researchers in the development of methods and instrumentation applied to the Life Sciences.
The award amount for the Kenneth H. Downing Memorial Postdoctoral Scholarship for 2022 will be $4,000 USD.
Nomination & Award Cycle
Applications are due annually on December 15. Awards are announced by February 1 of the following year.
See application details below. Click here to download the application form.
Scholarship Application Eligibility Criteria
- Applicant must be a post-doctoral researcher working in the U.S. (open to both domestic U.S. and international candidates).
- Applicant must be a current member of MSA (dues paid for the calendar year of application).
- Previous recipients of this scholarship award are ineligible for a renewal of this award.
Scholarship Application Details
To apply for this scholarship award, please complete and send your PDF application to this email address.
Each application must include the following:
- A description of the applicant’s research and research plans. This must be stated in up to two pages of text plus not more than two figures (0.5” margins). Bibliography is not included in the two-page length limit.
- At least one supporting letter from a member of MSA, preferably the applicant’s director or supervisor, attesting to the applicant’s status. The request for this letter and response must be sent via email. All supporting letters must be received within 28 days of request.
- A completed PDF application form. Download the application form here.
Please send completed application packets to this email address no later than the annual deadline of December 15.