For Students Only
Awardee Reimbursement Forms:
MSA Student Bursary Program for M&M 2018
Once again, MSA is offering the student bursary program for the Microscopy & Microanalysis 2018 meeting. Students are encouraged to attend the annual meeting where they can meet and interact with the established microscopy community and defray some meeting costs.
- Students work for a minimum of 20 hours (or up to 40 hours) during the meeting (Sunday evening, August 5 through Thursday afternoon, August 9) or pre-meeting events (Sunday, August 5).
- Jobs include providing support in the different symposia (e.g. assisting with audio-visual needs, speaker set-up, maintaining an attendance count), staffing the volunteer office, helping with social events, and helping with vendor tutorials.
- Payment is $10/hour.
- Cash meal allotment of $10 for each morning and/or afternoon session worked.
- Added bonus of a free meeting shirt.
- Payment is given as a check at the end of the meeting (August 9) or when the student leaves St. Louis.
Criteria for applicants:
- Must be a member of MSA or MAS
- Must be currently enrolled as a student at a recognized educational institution
- Must have paid the student registration fee for the meeting ($50)
Once the scientific program has been finalized, each student registered for this program will be contacted and allowed to choose the times and activities they would like to work.
If you would like to participate in the MSA bursary program for 2018, please check the "I wish to apply for a student bursary" box in section 2 of the meeting registration form. Space is limited, so sign up early. Registration opens March 1, 2018.
If you have any questions about the bursary/volunteer program, or would like to participate, please contact: